ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Steamy Sip #6: Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

Now, remember, I'm picky about pumpkin.  Too much, and I won't consume it.  So I was curious to try this, and I am here to tell you, it's just enough, not too much.  Delicious, really.  Hot, spicy, sweet, very cold-weather-y.  Which is ironic and annoying, it being in the 60's just two days before Christmas.  But that won't stop me from having some Steamy Sips!
I had a friend and her kids over for dinner.  Six hungry kids sat moaning and restless at the table while I quickly took these shots before the whipped cream melted.  Just explaining why I didn't get out the photo light and all that.  Of course, if I had a good camera, it wouldn't be such an issue.  Just saying.  A last-ditch hint to Santa.  But anyway.

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate (print recipe)
1 1/2 cups whole milk
1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
Pinch of ground cloves
2 ounces white chocolate, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish if desired
1/2 tsp vanilla
Pinch of sea salt

In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin and spices.  Cook, stirring constantly, until just simmering.  Remove from heat and add chocolate, vanilla and salt.  Pour into two mugs.  Just before serving, top each mug with a generous amount of whipped cream, a few shavings of white chocolate, and a sprinkle of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon.  Serve immediately.  Makes 2 servings.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...