ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Friday, December 23, 2011

Steamy Sip #5: Nutella Hot Chocolate

 This one is as easy as, if not easier than, any cocoa-from-a-mix you are used to making.  Melt Nutella into hot milk.  Done.  Very chocolately and Nutella-y. So awesome.  And, luckily, brief.  Because I don't know about you, but we are in full Christmas-prep gear around here and I don't have time for frivolity.  Just good hot chocolate.  In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if I stop capitalizing or punctuating in the next few posts, just to save a little time (and see if you are paying attention.)

Nutella Hot Chocolate (print recipe)
2 cups milk
3 T Nutella

Pour milk and Nutella in a small saucepan.  Stir over medium heat until Nutella and milk are completely blended and begin to boil.  Pour into two mugs and garnish with marshmallows or whipped cream.  Drink while warm.  Makes 2 servings.

Cinnamon Nutella Hot Chocolate: add 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon or 1 cinnamon stick to milk and Nutella while heating.

As a note, this is also really good with Trader Joe's cocoa-almond spread which is nearly the same as Nutella, just almond instead of hazelnut.  Totally good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...