ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Steamy Sip #4: Cranberry Tea

Just look at that color.  That, my friends, is the kind of Steamy Sip you get from fresh cranberries.  Dry, tart, and spicy, this is.  It was so clean and energizing when we drank it warm.  And when I drank it the next morning for breakfast, cold and spicy, it was beyond description.  Probably the only Steamy Sip I will promote as even better cold.  I just might freeze up some cranberries to make this next summer. 

Cranberry Tea (print recipe)
2 cups fresh cranberries
8 cups water
2 T raw honey
1 lemon, juiced
10 whole cloves
1 cinnamon stick

In a pot, combine water and cranberries and bring to a boil.  Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes.  Add honey, lemon juice, cloves and cinnamon stick.  Turn off heat, cover and steep for 1 hour.  Strain out cranberries, cloves and cinnamon stick.  Drink right away or store in a pitcher in the fridge for a few days.  When serving, add more honey, to taste.  Serve hot or cold.  Makes 8 cups.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...