ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Steamy Sip #2: Hot Caramel Apple Cider

There are so many things I already love about Steamy Sips Week.  Naturally, one is that it's a bunch of warm delicious beverages I don't normally go out of  my way to make for myself.  But I should because they're amazing and I deserve it.  

But right now, as I squeeze in writing time this busy week before Christmas with all the kids home from school, I love that the recipes are super short and simple, both to make and to write.  Small effort, big payoff.  

This one, for example - two ingredients.  Three or four if you count the whipped cream and cinnamon garnish.  But probably all things you have around, or could easily pick up on your next trip.  

And.  Not that this helps you, but a friend just brought me a jar of homemade cinnamon-toffee sauce for a Christmas gift.  I expect Ed and I will be having some hot cinnamon-toffee apple cider soon, maybe even tonight.  Mmm, steamy.

 Hot Caramel Apple Cider (print recipe)
2 cups apple cider
3 to 4 T caramel ice cream topping
Whipped cream
Cinnamon sticks, for garnish

In a small saucepan, stir together apple cider and caramel ice cream topping.  Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring often.  Remove from heat and pour into heat-proof mugs.  Top with whipped cream, a sprinkling of cinnamon and a cinnamon stick for garnish.  Makes 2 servings

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...