ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Thursday, December 1, 2011

It. Is. December.

It's the busiest month since October.  It also feels like the most important month.  With the most things to fit in.  And the least daylight, making it feel like the month with the least time.  And the best movies.  I digress.

December is also an important month on the VGP because that's how it got started 3 years ago.  In 2008 I got the harebrained idea to make 31 kinds of cookies and post one a day on my blog in December.  It was a whirlwind, and highly successful, if I do say so myself.

I liked doing it so much, I started this crazy baking blog, and here we are.  I have kept up the goody-a-day tradition in December for the last few years, with some help from guest bakers.

So I'm just writing to tell you I'm not sure how this month this year will go.  I think there may be close to one post a day.  I have armed my bedside table with all the current holiday baking mags.  I have plans for a themed week sometime in December.  And of course there will be the results from our holiday Dessert Club - "Cookies & Bars", what could be better?  I also have an overwhelming backlog of recipes from the last few months, so I'm just going to write them up and post them as quick as I can, in an attempt to keep 2011's baking in 2011.  Wish me luck.

And seriously.  If you make something amazing and would like to guest post it, the floor is yours.  Take a picture (in natural light if possible but I'm not that picky), and send me an email with the recipe, and telling me a little about it.  Of if you're local, give me a copy and I'll type it up.  I don't know why I think people will do this, but sometimes a recipe is so good you just want to share it.  This is a good month for that.  And of course you will get all the props.

So here I go, stocking up on parchment, butter, eggs and sugar.  Rolling up my sleeves.  Putting aprons on myself and the kids.  No matter what happens, I'm determined to have a great December!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...