ANNOUNCING: Change is part of life, and apparently, it's part of blogging, too. As of September 5, 2013, I'm merging The Virtual Goody Plate with Disco Mom Takes on the World and whatever else may henceforth spill from my fingertips (and kitchen), into one great new blog. I hope you'll join me there in exclaiming, "THIS IS AWESOMELAND."

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Chocolate Chip Peppermint Kisses

 I had never made meringues.  Still haven't; these came from Dessert Club member J.B., who is notorious for successful experimentation.  I love the minty essence and rich chocolate chips that stud these extremely easy but really fun cookies. 
Chocolate Chip Peppermint Kisses (print recipe)
2 egg whites
1/8 tsp salt
1/8 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 cup sugar
1 pkg chocolate chips
1/4 tsp peppermint extract

Heat oven to 300 degrees.  Beat egg whites til foamy, then add salt and cream of tartar and continue beating until whites are stiff enough to hold up in peaks (but not dry).  Add sugar, two Tbsp. at a time, beating thoroughly after each addition.  Fold in chocolate chips and peppermint, and drop from tsp onto cookie sheets lined with heavy paper.  Bake for 25 minutes or until slightly brown -- just barely visible.  Remove from paper while cookies are slightly warm.  Makes about three dozen. 

1 comment:

Lara said...

I loved how these just melted in my mouth! It was one of my favorites of the night!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...